This project is read-only.

Click by Lifting and Setting Back Down

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

This is an awesome piece of software.  I would like the option to switch modes to have my fingers resting on the mouse and then when I lift a finger off and set it back down (within the same time constraints as regular mode) that it registers as a click.  I don't like having to lift my finger off the mouse, tap the mouse to click, and then set it back down on the mouse.  So to recap, fingers are already at rest on the mouse; when you want to click, you lift your finger briefly and then set it back down.  And maybe I'm the only one who is interested in this, but if others are too, I think it would be convenient to have it as an option.  Thanks again for the work you have put into this project.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Ya know, that does sound like an interesting feature.  A reverse implementation of the touch-click.  There may be unseen problems with such a thing, especially in unwanted clicks, but it may work better that way for a mouse in comparison to a touchpad.

I like Pappas81's version of the Middle Click in Touch Mouse Plus, especially with a tiny revision I just implemented to allow the click and hold of the middle mouse button.  I might try combining that with lextm's touch-over-click, with the possibility of the reverse form.

That is, if I can figure out the code first.  A rather daunting task.  But eh, I want to potentially bring chording of the mouse buttons to the MS Touch Mouse at some point, so I might as well begin trying to figure out how the source code works anyways.