This project is read-only.

1.5 Too sensitive but 1.4 great!

May 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I just recently got an MS touch mouse as I was getting sensitive fingers scrolling on a wheel all day long.  I found the lack of middle mouse button frustrating as I use it in Visual Studio lots (not to mention other applications).  I was getting close to reverting back to a wheel mouse until...

I found Touch Mouse Mate and automatically installed the newest version (1.5 at the time of writing) but was slightly disappointed as it was far too sensitive.  I was accidentally middle clicking all over the place.  I read a post about 1.4 appearing less sensitive so I reverted back to it, and now all I can say is, "Thank you"!  The utility works great and has made me like the MS Touch Mouse.  Perhaps in future versions you could provide a utility which you can 'train' to determine suitable zones for emulating the middle click? Or at least an option to use the detection process of 1.4 vs 1.5

Thanks again for the great utility :o)

May 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

1.5 is still in an early stage, so thank you for your feedback. Please use 1.4 which is more convenient in most scenarios.

The trade off between accuracy and sensitivity is very hard to make and more research needs to be done before finalizing the new release. So as a weekend project, it is not easy to design a train mode. Will try in the next few months. Let's see if there can be any advancement.

Regards,

Lex